Corporations that violate human rights!

Relatives of victims killed in the Rana Plaza building collapse in 2013 mourn at the site during the fourth anniversary of the collapse in Savar, on the outskirt of Dhaka, Bangladesh, April 24, 2017.     © 2017 Reuters / Mohammad Ponir Hossain

Hey, Everyone! My name is Summre Baker (pronounced Summer, just spelled uniquely). I am a senior at the University of Nevada, Reno. I am double majoring in Political Science and Sociology. I have a vested interest in prisoner rights. My mom was arrested when I was 11 years young, and that experience was formidable, ultimately shaping who I am today and what I believe in. My passion for helping those who have been exploited by a system created for the few and not the masses is what drives me to be my best and most authentic self each and every day. Companies that overwork, underpay, and violate the rights of their workers while reaping profits of an unimaginable level are the main target of this blog. 

 Corporations are powerful and money-hungry and will do anything to make a profit, including but not limited to violating human rights. I plan on taking a deep into corporations for gross human rights violations inside American and outside of America. I will be finding and exposing corporations that use prison labor, child labor, and exploitative tactics against their workers to save money on products. I am even inclined to research more on companies like Blackwater, a US-based private military contracting company that has committed multiple human rights violations. Major corporations exploit the most vulnerable communities, such as those imprisoned in America. These companies are Walmart, McDonald's, Verizon, Starbucks, Victoria's Secret, Boeing, and JC Penney, to name a few. Then internationally, companies like Apple violate human rights, Adidas, H&M, Nike, Levis's, and Urban Outfitters benefit from cheap labor, poor working conditions, and lack of transparency.

Becky John an activist who started a campaign called "who made your pants"

The goal of this blog is to expose those companies that benefit from violating human rights and often try to hide their indiscretions. 

I hope we can all benefit from this blog and question these corporations' methods, and I will do my best to find alternative brands/ corporations that are ethically sound! 

Here is a video I found that explains how to find companies that are more ethical- ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who peels your shrimp?

Corporate greed at the expense of prisoners